Our Review Approach for EC Markets
At EC Markets, our team of Forex Trading experts, each with over a decade of industry experience, undertakes a comprehensive evaluation. This includes a thorough examination of trading conditions, compliance with regulatory standards, assessment of fees and spreads, evaluation of platform functionalities, interactions with customer support, and hands-on trading experiences. Our mission is to deliver expert insights into the world of EC Markets.
- Aenean bibendum tempor lectus
- Vestibulum ultricies
- Nunc consectetur urna quis elit
- Curabitur odio tellus
- Donec rhoncus mi ac dui efficitur
- Aenean bibendum tempor lectus
- Vestibulum ultricies
- Nunc consectetur urna quis elit
- Curabitur odio tellus
- Donec rhoncus mi ac dui efficitur
- Leverage: 1:30 | 1:2000
- Regulation: CySEC, FCA, DFSA, FSCA, FSA, CMA
- Min. Deposit: 0 US$
- HQ: Cyprus
- Platforms: MT4, MT5, HFM Trading App
- Found in: 2010
- HF Markets (Europe) Ltd – authorized by CySEC (Cyprus) registration no. 183/12
- HF Markets (UK) Limited – authorized by FCA (UK) registration no. 801701
- HF Markets (DIFC) Ltd – authorized DFSA (Dubai) registration no. F004885
- HF Markets (SV) Ltd – authorized by FSA SVG registration no. 22747 IBC 2015
- HF Markets (SV) Ltd – authorized by FSC (Mauritius) registration no. C110008214
- HF Markets SA (PTY) Ltd – authorized by FSCA (South Africa) registration no. 46632
- HF Markets (Seychelles) Ltd – authorized by FSA (Seychelles) registration no. SD015
- HFM Investments Ltd – authorized by CMA (Kenya) license no. 155
What is EC Markets?
EC Markets is a UK-based Forex trading Broker that enables traders to access a wide range of trading instruments including Forex, Precious Metals, CFD Indices, Crude Oil, stocks etc.
According to our findings, the broker is authorized and regulated by the top-tier Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), ensuring that its operations are secure and reliable, and offers trading opportunities to both beginner and experienced traders in various global markets. EC Markets also operates internationally so runs entities with licenses from FSA in Seychelles and FSC in Mauritius.
The company provides a smooth trading experience with fast execution and is known MetaTrader trading platform overall is a trustworthy and efficient trading broker that traders can rely on for their trading activities.
EC Markets Pros and Cons
Based on our research, EC Markets has both pros and cons to consider when assessing the company. For the pros, the firm provides reliable trading solutions, advanced technology, and competitive prices for its trading instruments. Also, you can access the widely-used MT4 trading platform from your desktops and mobile devices. The broker runs competitive tight spreads starting from 0.0 pips. Additionally, customer support is 24/7, which is a significant advantage for traders.
For the cons, the trading conditions may differ based on the entity. Also, traders may find that the broker has a limited selection of trading instruments and markets available to them. Additionally, the absence of an education and research section on the UK entity website limits access to educational resources for clients.
|FCA regulation and oversee||Conditions might vary based on the entity|
|Available for UK and international traders||No educational and research materials available|
|MT4 trading platform||limited number of market instruments|
|Advanced technology||Cryptocurrency CFDs not available for UK Traders|
|24/7 customer support|
EC Markets Review Summary in 10 Points
|Regulation||FCA, FSA, FSC|
|Instruments||Forex, Precious Metals, CFD Indices, Crude Oil, Stocks, Cryptocurrency CFDs|
|EUR/USD Spread||1.4 pips|
|Base Currencies||GBP, EUR, USD|
Overall EC Markets Ranking
As an FCA-regulated broker based in the United Kingdom, we found that the company provides competitive trading conditions suitable for traders at all levels. Additionally, the availability of a variety of trading services with low pricing and transparency, makes it an attractive option for traders of different sizes and experience levels.
- EC Markets Overall Ranking is 8.5 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Ranking||EC Markets||IGM Fx||VPFX|
|Advantages||Trading Conditions||Trading Products||Spreads|
EC Markets Alternative Brokers
Although the broker provides secure trading services at competitive prices, there are other brokerage firms in the market that might be similar or very close to offered trading conditions. These competitors might have advantages in terms of a wider range of trading instruments, comprehensive educational resources, etc. Therefore, we have prepared a list of the top options that traders can consider as alternatives to EC Markets.
- IGM Fx – Wide Range of Trading Instruments
- VPFX – Good Trading Services for Professional Trading
- IG – Competitive Trading Conditions
Is EC Markets Safe or Scam?
No, EC Markets is not a scam. It is considered a trustworthy brokerage firm regulated by the reputable FCA (UK) which enforces strict rules and guidelines to ensure that the broker operates according to high standards.
Is EC Markets Legit?
Yes, EC Markets is a legit and regulated broker.
The broker prioritizes compliance with regulatory requirements and is subject to close monitoring, which ultimately increases traders’ safety and confidence in the company.
See our conclusion on EC Markets Reliability:
- Our Ranked EC Markets Trust Score is 8.5 out of 10 for the good reputation and services provided. However, the only point is the availability of international trading via offshore entities.
|EC Markets Strong Points||EC Markets Weak Points|
|Negative balance protection|
The company guarantees the security of clients’ funds ensured by top-tier FCA regulation which includes segregation of funds from company accounts and refraining from using them for operational purposes. Additionally, we found the broker offers negative balance protection, which safeguards traders’ accounts from going into negative balance during times of market volatility or unexpected events.
EC Markets Leverage
Leverage is a useful tool that enables traders to enter the market with limited capital, its use can lead to substantial profits or losses. As such, you should have a comprehensive understanding of how leverage works and its possible consequences before engaging in any trading activities that involve leverage.
EC Markets leverage is offered according to the FCA, FSA, and FSC regulations:
- UK traders are eligible to use low leverage up to 1:30 for major currency pairs.
- For international traders, the maximum leverage is 1:500.
According to our findings, EC Markets offers different types of trading accounts for its clients. UK entity clients can select either Standard or Professional accounts for their trading activities. On the other hand, international entity traders have the option to choose among STD, ECN, and Pro accounts. Additionally, new traders have the opportunity to open a Demo account at no cost, which enables them to practice trading and experiment with strategies by making trial trades.
|Fast and easy account opening||None|
|Account base currencies GBP, EUR, USD|
|Minimum deposit amount is $10|
Opening Trading Account with EC Markets
Opening an account with a broker is considered quite easy, as you can log in and register with EC Markets within minutes. Just follow the opening account or sign-in page and proceed with the guided steps:
- Select and Click on the “Open an Account” page
- Enter the required personal data (Name, email, phone number, etc.)
- Verify your personal data by upload of documentation (residential proof, ID, etc.)
- Complete the electronic quiz confirming your trading experience
- Once your account is activated and proven, follow with the money deposit.
EC Markets provides traders with a range of popular markets to choose from. These include over 50 currency pairs in the Forex market, as well as Metals, CFD Indices, Crude Oil, and Stocks. Cryptocurrency CFDs are available only via international entities since FCA bans the use of Cryptos for retail traders. Forex, in particular, is highly regarded for its exceptional liquidity and is widely recognized in the trading industry. However, the availability of specific trading instruments may vary depending on the entity, so we advise conducting thorough research to determine the range of options available.
- EC Markets Markets Range Score is 7.5 out of 10 for wide trading instrument selection. On the other hand, many popular asset classes, such as futures, and bonds are not available to trade. Cryptocurrencies are only available via International proposal.
EC Markets Fees
Reviewing the broker’s fee structure we discovered that it offers competitive pricing for trading instruments. However, certain charges may be applicable to deposits and withdrawals, depending on the selected funding method. Also, additional fees, such as swap or rollover fees, may be incurred during trading activities.
- EC Markets Fees are ranked low or average with an overall rating of 7.9 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers.
|Fees||EC Markets Fees||IGM Fx Fees||VPFX Fees|
Based on our test trade, EC Markets provides competitive tight spreads, with an average spread of 1.4 pips for the highly-traded EUR/USD currency pair in the Forex market. The broker also provides competitive spreads for all major currency pairs and popular trading instruments. However, trading conditions may vary depending on the entity, so conducting thorough research is essential to understand the specific spread conditions in place.
- EC Markets Spreads are ranked average with an overall rating of 7.5 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. Although we found Forex spread is slightly higher than the industry average of 1.2 pips, the spreads for other instruments are competitive.
|Asset/ Pair||EC Markets Spread||IGM Fx Spread||VPFX Spread|
|EUR USD Spread||1.4 pips||0.7 pips||1.2 pips|
|Crude Oil WTI Spread||0.08||0.03||3|
Deposits and Withdrawals
There are a variety of payment methods for broker’s clients to deposit funds into trading accounts, which is definitely a benefit, these include Bank Wire, Credit/Debit cards, Skrill, and Neteller. However, some payment methods may have specific requirements or restrictions depending on the client’s bank or other financial institutions involved.
- EC Markets Funding Methods we ranked good with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10. Fees are low, and also you can benefit from various account-based currencies.
Here are some good and negative points for EC Markets funding methods found:
|EC Markets Advantage||EC Markets Disadvantage|
|Multiple account base currencies||None|
|Fast digital deposits|
|Popular funding methods|
EC Markets Minimum Deposit
To open a live trading account with the broker, clients need to deposit $10 as an initial deposit amount for a Standard account, which is considered rather a good offering.
EC Markets minimum deposit vs other brokers
|EC Markets||Most Other Brokers|
EC Markets Withdrawals
Clients of EC Markets can withdraw their funds easily and quickly. However, conditions usually vary by the payment provider and might take several days to appear in your account.
Withdraw Money from EC Markets Step by Step:
- Login to your account
- Select Withdraw Funds’ in the menu tab
- Enter the withdrawn amount
- Choose the withdrawal method
- Complete the electronic request with necessary requirements
- Confirm withdrawal information and Submit
- Check the current status of withdrawal through your Dashboard
The broker provides traders with access to a highly recognized and popular MetaTrader 4 trading platform available in desktop, and mobile versions. This platform offers a wide range of features including technical indicators, trading analysis tools, intuitive interfaces, multiple execution options, and various order types, which is suitable to run various strategies including swing trading.
- EC Markets Platform is ranked good with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. We mark it as good since it offers the popular MT4 trading platform.
|Platforms||EC Markets Platforms||IGM Fx Platforms||VPFX Platforms|
Per our analysis, EC Markets offers a range of trading tools that include advanced charting features with multiple chart types, various timeframes, trading signals, an economic calendar, and technical indicators. Additionally, traders can use EAs to automate their trades, which can assist in identifying market movements and improving market entry and stop-loss strategies.
You can take advantage of 24/7 customer support through Live Chat, Phone lines, Email, and Social Media channels at EC Markets. Also, the support team includes trading experts who can assist with technical support, analysis recommendations, general inquiries, and operational issues.
- Customer Support in EC Markets is ranked good with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 based on our testing. We got fast and knowledgeable responses, and also easy to reach during the working days and weekends.
See our find and ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|24/7 customer support||None|
|Phone support, email, live chat, and social media|
EC Markets Education
Finally, the broker lacks a dedicated section on its UK entity website for educational materials, seminars, and webinars or Trading Academy. This absence can be considered a drawback since educational resources play a crucial role in the development and improvement of traders’ skills. However, on the international website of EC Markets, we discovered the presence of educational resources such as a Forex glossary and some financial information.
- EC Markets Education ranked with an overall rating of 6.5 out of 10 based on our research. We recommend seeking educational resources from established and reputable brokers.
EC Markets Review Conclusion
In conclusion, EC Markets is considered a trustworthy broker with competitive trading services with average prices for its trading instruments. The broker also provides fast order execution, and a variety of funding methods, making it a convenient and efficient choice for traders globally. Additionally, you can access one of the most popular trading platforms, MT4, available on desktop and mobile devices. The platform offers advanced charting features, automated trading capabilities, and a social trading feature.
Customer support is also good, and available 24/7, which is crucial for beginners and experienced traders alike. However, as we found the broker does not provide comprehensive educational materials and research which is not suitable for beginner traders.
In general, the broker provides a reliable trading environment suitable for traders at different skill levels. However, we recommend that you do your research and evaluate whether the broker’s services and offerings suit your trading requirements.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinions EC Markets is Good for:
- Traders from the UK
- International traders
- Traders who prefer the MT4 trading platform
- CFD and currency trading
- Professional traders
- Institutional trading
- OTC/STP execution
- Competitive spreads
- 24/7 customer support
- White Label solution
- EA/Auto trading
- Good trading tools